8 family-friendly things to do this Memorial Day Weekend
Memorial Day officially kicks off summer in South Florida - complete with heat, humidity and the chaos of Urban Beach Weekend on Miami Beach. Here are eight munchkin-friendly ways to avoid the madness
- Explore the Key. Glide over the Rickenbacker Causeway, hit the beach, romp around Village Green and fuel up at Sir Pizza; Free
- Carnival Hop. Enjoy bounce houses, face painting and food trucks at Bighter Futures for Families Christian Academy Family Fun Day. May 26 10am-3pm; 18901 SW 106 Ave, Kendall; Free
- Produce Pick. Shop local produce and artisan eats while enjoying kids activities and music at the Coral Gables farmers market. May 26 8am-1pm; 285 Aragon Ave, Coral Gables; Free
- Celebrate Cuban Culture. Tour Little Havana, rock out with salsa dancing & Mariachis, sip a mojito and play dominoes at Viernes Culturales. May 25, 7-11pm; SW 8 St between 14 & 17 Aves, Miami; Free
- Smell the Flowers. Explore all things orchids at Orchids in the Park at Dante Fascell Park. May 26, 10am; 8600 S Red Rd, Kedall; Free
- Get Sticky Sweet. Treat munchkins to a crafty sugar rush as Bloomingdales Aventura hosts a “sticky finger” cupcake decorating class. May 26, 2-4pm; 19555 Biscayne Blvd, Aventura; Free
- Road Trip. Head to Davie to check out the brand-new Young at Art Museum. Little ones will love riding the subway, visiting a cave, crafting a sand sculpture and exploring international customs.
- Go Green. Enjoy live music, drum circles, bounce house and local food vendors at Sundays on the Green in Wynwood. May 27, 3-9p; 572 NW 23, Wynwood; Free.