Happy National Grilled Cheese Month
What munchkin – or parent – doesn’t love an ooey, gooey grilled cheese. Hello National Grilled Cheese Month - it’s practically our obligation to celebrate! Here are some of our top local picks as well as a few recipes we’re having a hard time resisting…
5 Don't Miami Miami Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Joe’s Take Away. Skip (or add onto) the stone crabs and bite into a piping hot, oozy American cheese & white bread combo. Cheap Beach eats at their best. 11 Washington Ave, Miami Beach; 305-673-0365
- Wagons West. The grilled cheese arrives with your choice of ham, bacon, Swiss, American or cheddar – plus a hefty side of homemade grease – at this Pinecrest classic. 11311 S Dixie Hwy, Miami; 305-238-9942
- MLT. It’s DYI sandwich making at this Beach shop where options include challah, sourdough or whole wheat; American, provolone, white cheddar truffle or cheese whiz; and BBQ short ribs, tuna salad, fried egg, bacon and fried green tomatoes. 1541 Washington Ave, Miami Beach; 305-672-1541
- Ms. Cheezious. “Grilled cheese sandwiches like mom used to make” hit the road with this food truck. Signature specialties include the crabby cheese melt, goat cheese & prosciutto and the sweet meltdown. Locations vary by day, click here for today’s spot.
- Crumb on Parchment. Michelle Bernstein can make a grilled cheese. White cheddar is melted between butter bread at this Design District grab & go café. 3930 NE 2 Ave, Midtown; 305-572-9444
5 sandwiches to make at home
- Breakfast grilled cheese - bacon, sourdough, jalapeno & gruyere in the am
- Thomas Keller's ultimate grilled cheese - potato-chip laced goodness from the king of Napa Valley
- Grown up grilled cheese - red onion, garlic, cheddar, spinach & tomatoes.
- Mozzarella grilled cheese - homemade basil pesto meets the grilled cheese
- Simply titled "best grilled cheese."
What's your favorite local spot for grilled cheese? Comment below & enter to win one of our favorite grilled cheese cookbooks. Spread the word - for every 10 comments we receive, we'll give away another book!