Hope everyone is safe & sound post Ian. Looking to help support our community? Make giving back a family project with these activities and organizations. Individuals affected by Hurricane Ian in Florida now can apply for assistance from FEMA. Note: Please call all agencies in advance to confirm availability & age requirements.
Organizations accepting donations and/or volunteers
- American Red Cross – Help people affected by disasters like Hurricane Ian by donating to the Red Cross today.
- American Humane – Our American Humane Rescue team is on the ground in the state of Florida conducting urgent water search and rescue operations under Code 3 Associates and alongside ASAR Training and Response.
- CDP Atlantic Hurricane Season Recovery Fund – Focuses on meeting medium- and long-term needs, like rebuilding homes, funding mental health services, and other challenges communities face in the recovery process.
- Feeding Florida – Works in collaboration with the area emergency operations centers to provide food, water and hygiene items during disaster relief situations.
- Florida Disaster Fund –The Florida Disaster Fund is Florida’s official private fund that provides financial assistance to cities across the state during emergencies and disasters
- IanResponse.org fund – launched to address urgent needs and provide aid throughout the state. This fund is anchored by a coalition of on-the-ground organizations who came together in the wake of Hurricane Irma.
- Good360– Nonprofit Good360 is providing relief and recovery in response to Hurricane Ian, mobilizing on the ground forces in Florida cities including Miami, Jacksonville and Tampa.
- Samaritan’s Purse – Samaritan’s Purse has two Disaster Relief Units in Florida and volunteers are already working to help hurting homeowners.
- Team Rubicon – Team Rubicon is a disaster relief group composed of military veterans, with a focus on serving “underserved or economically-challenged communities.” The organization is raising funds to support its work in Florida.
- World Central Kitchen – Provides meals in response to humanitarian, climate and community crises.
Have something to add? Email [email protected] with details & we’ll add ASAP.