(Saturday) 8:00 am - 11:00 am
Dr. Von D. Mizell-Eula Johnson State Park
6503 N Ocean Dr, Dania Beach, Fl
As part of its on-going commitment to protecting our planet and making South Florida a healthier place to live, MODS is calling on volunteers to come join its team at
As part of its on-going commitment to protecting our planet and making South Florida a healthier place to live, MODS is calling on volunteers to come join its team at the 2nd Annual Florida Sand Angels Beach clean-up on Dania Beach.
Marine debris such as trash, plastic bottles and bags, soda cans, old fishing gear and other pollutants are a growing problem affecting our oceans and beaches and is especially threatening to its animals, coral reefs and plants.
- Volunteers will help remove debris and garbage from the beach while learning about other environmental initiatives and how to be a part of them.
- Volunteers of all ages are invited but this clean-up is recommended for adults and for children 8 years old and older. Children 16 years old and younger must always be accompanied by an adult.
- This event is sponsored by The Extra Catch and supported by Surfrider Foundation Broward.
- All volunteers should bring a reusable water bottle, sunscreen, bug spray, closed-toe shoes and appropriate clothing for beach weather and physical activity.
- Water, Gatorade and cleaning supplies will be provided; however, volunteers are welcome to bring their own equipment if applicable.
- TThis clean-up is just one of many MODS initiatives created to protect our planet and the health and well-being of its inhabitants.
Free, click here to RSVP.