(Sunday) 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Biscayne National Park
9700 SW 328 St, Homestead, FL
The 20th season of Biscayne National Park’s multiple award-winning Family Fun Fest kicks off on December 8 at the park’s Dante Fascell Visitor Center. All events feature games, science experiments, presentations,
The 20th season of Biscayne National Park’s multiple award-winning Family Fun Fest kicks off on December 8 at the park’s Dante Fascell Visitor Center.
All events feature games, science experiments, presentations, crafts and more. Participants receive a passport which they get punched as they complete each of five activities. After collecting all five punches, kids earn a specially-designed button to help them remember the lessons learned.
- Dec 8: Hairy Otter: Back to Hogfishwarts. Sit in on a potions class with Snape, Transfiguration with McGonagall, Herbology with Sprout, and more. Will you survive the Triwizard Trash Maze?
- Jan 12: An Oceanic Odyssey. The Greeks, the Romans, the Norse…all the ancients had stories about the ocean and its inhabitants. Come learn about mermaids, the reason for the tides and the REAL Atlantis!
- Feb 9: Game of Thrones: The Long Summer. If you thought Tyrion, Jon, Sansa and Arya had it all under control, hang on to your swords. There is a new threat looming: climate change.
- Mar 8: Fables and Fairy Tales. Some of your favorite children’s tales brought to life, with a twist! See what Snow White, Rip Van Winkle and The Fox and The Hound have been up to at Biscayne!
- Apr 5: Biscayne’s Mightiest Heroes. A woman who changes the weather? A guy who builds webs to climb? A superhero TREE? MARVEL-ous.
In addition to 5 activity stations at each event, there will also be one activity station focusing on theme-related creative play for parents with toddlers. “The little guys will earn a button just like their older brothers and sisters, but with activities geared to their skill level,” said program lead Karen Adkins. “Family Fun Fest Junior fills an important niche for parents looking for innovative educational opportunities for their children.”
Free, click here for info.