Tis the season for exploration & adventure. Book your munchkin a week (or a few) of camp this summer & explore your options with our 2019 Blue Summer Camp Guide, presented by Alper JCC…
Camp J Miami at the Alper JCC. Summer Fun for everyone! Camp J Miami provides an enriching and exciting environment for kids of all abilities (Infants – Grade 9). Choose from general camp and specialty camps including Robotics, Performing Arts & Sports. Activities include daily swim, computers, nature, cooking, rocketry & more. Fully inclusive camp program. June 17 – August 9. Register now!
Arts4All Florida 2019 Summer Camp. Explore the exciting world of animation and filmmaking as you learn real life skills, including: Animation, Writing and Editing, Storyboarding, and iPad Music Making. Students ages 13-22 with autism spectrum disorder or related disabilities who are able to follow instructions, independently communicate and participate in a group setting. Click here for more information.
Miami Beach JCC. Camp Klurman at the MBJCC is the premier Day Camp on Miami Beach. We offer week to week options, daily instructional swim, bus transportation, field trips and a Kosher Lunch. For ages 3 years to 8th grade. Register today and get our Early Bird Prices. Click here for more information.
Other Miami Camps
- Animation Gets Real Summer Camp. Kids 13-22 are invited to explore animation, writing and editing, storyboarding, and music making from June 10-21. Click here for info.
- The Art Box Miami. Artists of all abilities (ages 12 and up) are invited to participate in exploring the world of art. This camp will improve individuals’ social skills, fine motor skills, and self-confidence while helping them discover their artistic talents. Call 786-238-6284 for info.
- Camp S’more at Be Unique Academy. Students in grades K-10 are invited to participate in fun swimming, fitness, cooking, sports, dance, arts and crafts, science, day trips, special events, and overnights. Camp runs June 17 – Aug 2, call 786-856-6217 for info.
- Creative FUN-damentals Summer Camp. Play to Learn Therapy and Whole Steps Creative Arts Center present therapeutic mini-camps for kids in pre-K to 5th grade. Campers enjoy group music therapy, occupational therapy, academic enrichment, art, yoga, drama, dance, water play, field trips & parent workshops. Camp runs June 17 – Aug 16, call 305-553-1720 or 305-665-7799 for info.
- Friendship Circle Miami. Kids 5 and up can participate in exciting field trips, activities, sports, art, and so much more. Camp runs June 11-14 and Aug 12-16, click here for info.
- Great Heights Academy Summer Camp. Kids ages 4-18 will enjoy academics, weekly field trips, swimming, horse therapy and music therapy. Scholarships are available. Lunches and snacks are provided. Call 786-773-2285 for more information.
- Integrated Chidren’s Therapy Summer Camp. Kids 3-7 who need communication, language, and social skills support will enjoy weekly themes, a small adult-to-child ratio, daily yoga, and skilled speech-language and occupational therapists on staff. Children will learn to express themselves, follow directions, relate to others & make friends. Call 305-443-2022 for info.
- Kendall Speech and Language Center. Kids 4-6 will concentrate on working within a structured classroom environment, promoting social and academic skills while having fun. We are now accepting applications. Prescreening for appropriate placement will be scheduled. For more information, visit our website or call 305-274-7883.
- Kreative Kids Camp. Our summer program is designed to facilitate academic skill retention, cognitive growth, socialization, and physical well-being. Each weekday is dedicated to one of the following areas: STEM, athletics, culture and history, arts and expression and social skills. Call 305-456-5542 for info.
- Positive Behavior Supports. Positive Behavior Supports, located in the Sunset area, presents a summer camp where children can develop social skills through individualized ABA therapy. Call 305-508-5580 for info.
- PPA Intensive Social Skills Camp. Kids 7-14 are invited to enjoy social skill lessons, movement, science experiments, cooking time and facilitated unstructured play. Camp runs June 24-28 and July 22-26 in Coral Gables and July 29 – Aug 2 in Aventura. Call 305-936-1002 for more information.
- PPA Surf & Water Sports Adventure Camp. Kids 8-14 can learn fundamental surfing and paddle boarding skills, and enjoy other water activities in a fun and safe environment. Our camp also features social facilitation, pool/beach activities, and indoor crafts and games. Call 305-936-1002 for more information.
- Promised Land Camp. Kids 4-14 are invited to six weeks of summer camp at Promised Land Academy in Homestead. Campers will enjoy adventure, art, music, literacy, games, social skill & field tripsCall 305-255-9561 for info.
- South Florida Autism Center. Kids in grades K-5 are invited to camp from June 10 – Aug 16. Call 305-823-2700 for more information.
- Summer Taekwondo Social Skills Group. First Steps Interventions (FSI) and Village Martial Arts present a summer taekwondo social skills group for kids 4-14. Features include 1:1 support, supervision by FSI BCBAs, and instruction by a Taekwondo master in a real dojo setting. Call 786-803-8982 for info.
- Therapeutic Summer Camp at Florida Autism Treatment Centers. Kids 2-12 will improve language and communication, academic skills, social skills, daily living skills, safety, self-care, toileting, feeding and behavior problems. Call 954-577-7790 for info.
- Transitional Learning free Drama Summer Camp. Kids 14-2 with varying exceptionalities will enjoy field trips (admission fee for field trips not included), arts & crafts, drama, music and dance. Campers can join our production of “Pan’s Magical Flight.” Call all 305-728-1543 or 305-728-1544 for info.
- Youth in the Parks: Summer Camp. This is an inclusive program for kids 6-17 with and without disabilities. (Youth with disabilities are welcome up to age 22.) Have fun, make friends, and learn the visual arts from professional artists, teachers, and disability experts. Camp runs June 10-28 and July 8-26. Click here for info.
Other Broward Camps
- Children’s Carousel Summer Camp. Campers are invited to enjoy three themed weeklong sections. All sessions will include water play, picnics, dress-up days, ice cream parties, arts and crafts, weekly special events, Wii, sports and outdoor fun on our spacious and shaded playground. Separate toddler & elementary school programs available. Click here for info.
- Dr. Rizzo’s Brainforest Adventure Camp. Child Provider Specialists, located in Weston, presents an eight-week camp for kids 6-14. Activities include arts and crafts, water dats, public speaking, Wii, crazy fun science experiments, recreational sports, Microsoft Office and keyboarding. Fish with a Coast Guard-certified captain, and play football with NFL legend Jim “Crash” Jensen. Call 954-577-3396 for info.
- Equanimity Therapy. Located in Miramar, Equanimity Therapy is offering an ABA summer camp with emphasis on social skills development, social outings music therapy. After care available. Call 954-399-2637 for info.
- Pembroke Pines Summer Camp. The City of Pembroke Pines presents a summer camp for children and adults (ages 6-22) with special needs and varying disabilities. Participants must be independent in toileting and be able to administer their own medications with supervision. Daily activities include games, sports, arts and crafts, educational classes & swimming. Call 954-392-2130 for info.
- PPA Intensive Social Skills Camp. Pediatric Psychology Associates is offering an intensive social skills camp for children ages 7-10 (from 9 AM to noon). Our camp’s days will include social skill lessons, movement, science experiments, cooking time and facilitated unstructured play. Call 305-936-1002 for more information.
- Therapeutic Summer Camp. Located in Davie, the Florida Autism Treatment Centers offer an intensive and individualized summer program for kids 2-12. Programs are designed to improve language and communication, academic skills, social skills, daily living skills, safety, self-care, toileting, feeding and behavior problems. Call 954-577-7790 for info.
- YMCA Special Needs Summer Camp. The YMCA of South Florida presents an inclusive summer camp for kids 4-22 with special needs. Financial aid is available for Broward County residents with 2018 1040 tax form. Call 954-623-5555 for info.
Other Palm Beach County Camps
- Camp Kavod at Adolph & Rose Levis JCC. Activities are designed to enhance social, motor, language & other skills that promote greater independence. Call 561-852-3200 for info.
- Camp Tikvah at Ross JCC. Camp provides a summer experience for children & teens with vary exceptionalities such as cognitive, emotional, developmental and learning disabilities. Call 561-259-3000 for info.
- Chase Donoff Special Needs Summer Day Camp. This program services children with a wide range of developmental disabilities. Children will learn new skills, make new friends and have fun being in a safe, welcoming & nurturing environment at the YMCA. Activities include swimming, arts & crafts, sports and field trips. Call 561-237-0976 for info.
- Happy Sunshine Yoga. Our spirited yoga program will help your tween bridge the transition from childhood to teen. Through playful yoga and mindful games, they will build confidence & feel empowered. Call 561-542-1608 for info.
- Mind Crafting TSI Summer Camp. Program is geared towards meeting the social needs of children with high functioning autism, Asperger Syndrome, anxiety disorders and ADHD. Activities include arts & crafts, gross motor games, sensory activities, cooking and social skills group. Call 561-859-2100 for info.
- The Open Doorway. Summer camp with special needs students that features eight week of themes & related field trips. Call 561-434-2788 for info.
- Palm Beach Parks & Rec. Camps include aquatics, golf & nature. Call 561-694-5455 for info.
- Project HOPE. Our camp is designed to provide structured & fun activities with children with autism and other special needs. We will work on social & communication skills individualized for each camper. Call 561-242-1725 for info.
- Sky is the Limit Summer Day Camp. Our camp program targets social development, encourages peer interaction & enhances play skills. Call 561-990-7305 for info.